A custom Fact Find can be configured to appear on the Client Portal for your end clients to enter data.
- Creating a Client Portal Fact Find
- Enabling the Fact Find for Clients
- Being Notified of Client Updates
- Managing Data Collection from the Portal
Creating a Client Portal Fact Find
- Navigate to Settings > Customise Screens > Custom Screens
- Create a new screen
- Input a Name for the custom screen such as 'Client Portal Fact Find'
- Select the Entity Type as 'Individual'
- Ensure that only the 'Is For' box ticked is "Client Portal"
- You will then drag across fields that you wish clients to be able to complete
You may wish to break up the fields with different headings and sub-headings
Things to be aware of
- Only one Fact Find for the Client Portal can exist at any one time - you will be able to tell if there is already a FF available by viewing the 'Is Client Portal' column on the Custom Screen menu
- Not all fields will be available for an end client to complete - this ensures that clients are not completing information about their current position that may be confusing and could result in corrupting your CRM
Enabling the Fact Find for Clients
- By default, the 'My Details' section of the Client Portal, which is the Fact Find, will be available for clients who have access
- To turn on or off the Fact Find, generate a client list of the clients you wish to impact
- Select the relevant Individual Entities
- Select Actions > Bulk Portal Customisation
- Select either ON or OFF, depending on what is appropriate > Select the Element for My Details
- Select Save
Being Notified of Client Updates
- Now that your clients are inputting data via the Client Portal - you need to ensure that you are aware of these updates
- This is managed through a System Defined Widget - "Recent Client Activity"
- Add this to the Dashboard by selecting on Change View > Grid Component > Recent Client Activity > Add to Dashboard
Managing Data Collection from the Portal
- Once a client has adjusted their details on the Client Portal, this data does not automatically flow through into your CRM - but is held in a staging environment to give you a chance to review what has been input before pushing it into your database
- To review/accept/reject these adjustments, navigate to Settings > Client Portal > Client Updates on Portal
- Review the fields that a client has adjusted, select the change/s you wish to impact > either accept or rollback the change