If your email password isn't working when logging into Client Manager's Webmail, it might be due to the security settings in your Microsoft account.
If your Microsoft account uses multi-factor authentication (such as two-step verification), you will need to create an ‘app password’ in Microsoft and enter that into Client Manager as your email password.
Please note: this is subject to your IT department and the settings they've applied to your work email account. If you do not see the App Password option, please try entering your Microsoft Office365 password again or contact your IT support team.
1. Log in to Office365
Click on your initials or profile picture in the top right-hand corner
Click 'View account':
2. Click on 'Security info':
3. You will land on the 'Security info' page. Click on '+ Add method':
4. Choose 'App password' from the drop-down box, and click 'Add':
5. Enter a name for the app password. For example purposes, let's use our previous name, 'CCUBE'.
Then click Next:
6. You will then see the password - copy it:
Enter this newly created "app password" into Client Manager as your email password.
Here is a link to an article from Microsoft that may also be helpful: Create app passwords from the Security info (preview) page (microsoft.com)
Where in Client Manager do I paste this in?
- Go to Settings
- Click the Edit button on the top right-hand side of the screen
- Scroll down to Contact Information and paste the app password into the Email password field
Feel free to also change your Webmail access selection to 'Automatic' so Webmail automatically logs you in when you open it.
Here is a video that shows where to enter the email password, but in this case, it will be the app password.
If your Webmail still doesn't work after adding your app password, please consult with your IT department for your practice as they may need to check a particular setting within your Multi-Factor Authentication set-up for your Microsoft Office 365 account.
If you have any questions, please email our support team at email@example.com